Monday, May 27, 2019

Tata to Howrah via train in 10 hours

Ready with my bags 


1400 hrs am ready to head out to station, when IRCTC informs my train in 2 hours late, reschedule my ride to station by 90minutes n again am informed train late by 180 minutes now, again reschedule my ride n finally at 1700 hr reach station
Train arrives 4 hrs late,  no accountability anywhere.
When I board the coaCh it hashas only 64 seats , n my seat no is 73. 
Seems the chair car wasn't working so they changed n put ac 3 tire coach, 

Ticket Collector in Action


Mercifully ticket collector  arrives n allots a seat in another coach,  i shudder to think how digital india proficient are we , what if there was no human ticket collector?

 
Food for the road
Well so I will reach 4 hr 30 minutes  late, n possibly might have to wait for cab at kol Stn, I pump myself with cofee n bhujia to keep my tummy quiet, am used to snacks in eve, nothing healthy that railways serve. While my seatmate blasts hindi songs  to keep himself sane I presume.

Samosa being served Rs 20 / plate

 Can't trust any food that is being served by IRC caterers, so junk packaged food it is for me. Or abstained from eating as I am recovering from a stomach bug n had been living on , green beans, bread, rice , boiled potatoes, n curd for last 3-4 days. Ewwww did you say!

We pay premium rates for travel n get taken for a ride by the government, if you Dear govt  can't run rAilways why not sell it off.  N privatize it since govt machinery has failed to do its bit.   I am still getting messages how the train is 3 hrs late while IRC app shows its 4 hr 4 min late, make up your mind IRCtc

There's a good effort to keep things clean by railways n guys are hardworking on that front carrying garbage bags n picking up trash,  guess this is employment generator too, lazy indians can't use a trashcAn on there own so we hire a bunch of people to carry plastic bags eh

Satragachi, another 20 Km to go 


We are at satragachi at 2230 hrs unlike .  1815, as promised by irctc.  Let's see how much longer to howrah?  So near yet far, so  far.
Got lucky with a cab, n reached home by 1145  
Day one done

Howrah station at night


You will get there eventually



#siberia, #howrahstation #travelindia #tatahowrah #irctc #lifeinIndia #rajatghosh




No comments:

Post a Comment