Friday, October 28, 2022

Road trip : Tatanagar - to Chattisgarh, 2800 km trip, part Three : To Jagdalpur Chattisgarh

 


 

Day 3 –Sambalpur (orissa) to Jagdalpur ( chattisgarh)  13th OCT 2022

 

Early morning, tea and biscuit is all we had as we started off by 0700 hours, we had already fallen in a schedule of waking up at 0530 hours and getting ready by 0630 hours, we were in the car all packed and off to Chhattisgarh.

 


 

The weather report for the next 7 days looked quiet wet and we were once again glad we were driving and not riding.

"What will be will be",  was the thought as we set off, and hoped we will be graced with  dramatic sky in the days to follow.

 

Panthanivas our hotel in Sambalpur staff was nice enough to pack a couple of boiled eggs for us,  

 


 

The drive was smooth and roads were state highway mostly, thus we were driving quiet slow, we had information that food would be scarce on this road and thus we kept our eyes peeled, and did manage to eat breakfast of Medu vada, Aloo Vada and it was quiet tasty, usually we have such vadas with sambar or chutney, but in these part of Orissa (we were still in Orissa) they have it with Chilly, fried food you are thiking will be our bane, and I so agree, why do people have such ? 



While on our way and 250 km from Sambalpur, the hotel called to inform us we had left a cable behind, and it turned out to be the cable for our hot water flask (used primarily to make tea) we were too far gone to return
we started to keep a look out for a electrical shop, 75 km before jadgalpur, we came across a few electrical shop and we did try to get a cord that fits our water jug, but with no success.



  Stopping for Lunch of Biryani (which was quiet tasty at 1430 hours) and driving on through mostly state highways all the way onto Jagdalpur.   We had done 419 km to reach jagdalpur from Sambalpur.

 

We reached Jagdalpur by 1645 hours and the hotel looked fine from the outside, it had a parking lot too, so our car would be safe, but then but hold on the hotel had no restaurant but only a bar,

 


 

The rooms were really seedy and rundown, no ventilation, looked very depressing and dirty.

We had already paid advance for 4 days stay (I know you must be thinking why did we plan to stay here for 4 days, and we were asking our self the same too) 

 


 

We called the travel agent who had booked this room for us and he claimed family’s typically like this hotel (which is all bullshit I think) anyway we checked in and got our luggage to the room, had a round of tea and then as I sat back after a quick wash, I realized I had received a echallan (MY 1st) for speeding 

 


 

The challan read, Rs 2000 for over speeding (going 82 in 60kmph zone (I was overtaking a vehicle, so yes I was faster that’s how one overtakes)I had been driving well within 70kmph which was mostly the speed limit posted  on the statehighway.


Rs 5000 for no driving license (really I always carry my license), so I was billed Rs 7000, in spite of having a license. And the next line read, if I produced the license I could get the Rs 5000 waved.

 

I am guessing all the MBA’s who have made it to government jobs are calling the shots now about how to harass the people, as I was not stopped for speeding but issued a no driving license challan ( a definite MBA influence idea)

 


 

Calling the vahan helpline I was informed I would have to go back to where the challan was issued which was 180 km away to produce my license, (What a sham, and low blow policy to make money off law abiding citizen, so I was to drive 180 km, each way and would incur a fuel bill of Rs 4000 for a challan of Rs 5000, plus waste a day driving.

 


 

Anyway no point getting worked up and looking up the map I realized I would be crossing within 100 km of this particular place Badli, near Bhawanipatna, in Orissa on my way back, so I guess I would have to detour and do the needful, the day was not panning out too good, My friend was still fuming from the TA having bluffed us into a bad hotel.

 

Typically such days I thinks one should just lock oneself and avoiding all contact with world, when all seem to be going wrong. We still had to plan dinner, and I wondered what other calamity awaited us

 Rest of the day went a-ok, food was a Chinese soup that had a lot of Adrak, and I am not going to to complain no more this day … but thibk of thw waterfalls waiting for us over the next few days.

 


 

Sambalpur to Jaddalpur - distance 419 km

Road condition - Good

Food avability along the road - Scarce but is there and tatsy.

 

 

#orissa #roadtrip #editorialphotography #agreenleafproduction #jampotblues #biketaleswithrajat #travelphotography #stockimage #rajatghoshphotography #storytellingimages #conceptualimages #dailylife #sunset #color #Jagdalpur #2800kmroadtrip #lifeinIndia #hotelreeka  #badhotel   #trafficticket



 


 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment