Tuesday, September 12, 2023

Meeting a buddy (Samit) after 20+years

Sept 2nd 2023 It is a rainy day, to start with but then as rain subsides I start out for Kolkata 0600 hours and my mom are up to see me off, how sweet is she at 86 + she is a gem to have around (did I say moms are the best)
I was headed to meet a roommate of mine from Hostel days at St Xavier Mumbai, Samit and me were roommates for a year or so in the 90’s, before he moved to Cambridge for his Ph.D. and me moved on to USA for my Photography studies, We had last met in 2000 in New your along with his wife snehzana, they had been married a year or so, at that time since then we have shared a occasional message thanks to whattsapp / Facebook. Even since he had moved to Canada/ London/ New York and now he is a professor at Leeds, He has a son 19 years of age approx., and I would be seeing him for the 1st time,
I am doing my first trip on “Himalayan 1080” that’s a bike I have which is going to do its first long travel and boy what a ride it was, we whizzed 300 km on 5 hours, a new first for me, the road mostly boasts of 100kmph speed limit and I mostly rode at 80 – 90 kmph and traffic was low, on the way Kaash flowers distracted me and I had to stop and photograph those wonderful flowers which suggest Dussera is around the corner,
Finding fresh Kaash flower was a chore as it withers with rain, and I did find a few clusters where it possible did not rain
the next 3 days was a maze of seeing sights of Kolkata and visiting museums and stores and food joints ,,, days sure went by fast right from Flurys in KOlkata
The coffee house in College Street was the highlight as the days went by way too fast And I was soon on my way back to Jamshedpur. The bike incidentally did I great job though it had its own quirks which is a story for another day. Jamshedpur - Kolkata - 300 km Time taken 5 hours approx. Road condition - excellent for most part

No comments:

Post a Comment