Friday, November 17, 2023

Ma Matia kali / Deepawali celebration


 

Winter is here and am retaining my habit of waking up by 0500 hours daily and

Meditate

 And read

And have warm water

 

 Before I step out for a walk,

 Today I would be doing it all and then not going for a walk but a ride

 

A ride to Kolkata and then to my favorite part, the village visits for Kali Puja

(Deepawali) and to meet my extended family

Cousins and there children would range up to 60 + people under one roof, and it is a festive event as can be for sure.

 

But first things first attending a cousin kids Birthday. So that makes me, hold your horses a Grand old dad.

 


                                   My chariot for the trip

 

 


 

            Approaching Kolkata and the party begins






The party was a grand success lot of food and friends and family, recipe for happiness today.


 

 


The following day was a late start and a change of Chariot; I was travelling with my cousin and co, as we were headed to the same place for Deepawali/Kali Puja.

 

 


 

The Kolkata traffic was a nightmare to start with but did melt away as we went along the way, soon making way for better roads, approx. 120 km later and away from Kolkata

 


 

 

The day quickly made way for dusk and darkness was on us quiet quick, we were to cover 400 odd km this day and expected to be there by 2330 hours.

 


 

 



Stopping for lip smacking Roti and Daal tadka along the way we made good speed and did spot a few Ma kali idols on way to the respective puja pandals, 

 


 

The next day is when the action starts right from completion of the idol to the Kali puja/ Deepawali,,,  am I excited


 

 


 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment