Wednesday, April 12, 2023

Road trip to Aminpur for Bengali new Year - part1


 

My sister was to come to Jamshedpur and we would be on a road trip on 10th /11th which would culminate towards a book project on Gomira dance.

 

But Kurmi agitation threw a spanner in the works and train’s got cancelled, thus she was not able to come to Jamshedpur.

 

We decided we would meet in Berhampur, 300 km from Jamshedpur and then carry on to our field area another 200 km from Berhampur.

 

Come 10th she started out for Berhampur, and I was to start on 10th by 0800 hours,

Pollution certificate had expired so was delayed till the PUC center opened at 0800.

 

All packed up I headed to the PUC center by 0745 and it was 0820 no one showed up, calling up the mentioned numbers, I was informed Network is down as there was some violence previous night and communication lines were snapped by the administration.  (We are so vulnerable and dependent on digital technology; the Government can shut us down like never before)

The entire day passed and there was no network, Just like it use to happen in the so called developed countries and we use to laugh at there dependency on technology, the entire business community was at a standstill, as most people use digital payment, so most shops too closed down, and ATM; s too were not working as there is no internet. The entire day only service available was Netflix and Tataplay.

 

Being a stickler for going by the book, I refused to sort out on this day without PUC, finally at 2200 hours a friend informed that internet service was on and I could get the PUC done well past his business time, I managed to do the needful and prepared for a early departure the next day. My sister stayed put in Behrampore on this day, and made good with her time visiting Hazar dwari.




 

11th April I was off by 0540 hours, while the temperature was still cool, and I hope to get 3 hours of travel done before the sun would get too hot.

 

On my last trip to Behramope six months back, I had gotten lost in the lanes of Bolpur after missing a turn to the highway, this trip I did not want to a go via Bolepur even if I had to drive more.

 

http://editorialohotographyindiarajat.blogspot.com/2022/09/to-kolkata-on-hero-xpulse-4v.html

 

I chalked out the route via Burdwan – Durgapur (bypass)  Dubrajpur – saithia – Suri to Behrampore

Unknown to me, I had set the GPS to avoid Toll roads, the roads took me via country side

 


 

so I ended up on back roads and No roads kind of places, it is the kind of roads I like anyway, but on a Bike ride,

Temperature was 42 degrees and people seemed to be snappy, why were they not indoors beats me, especially those who are on bikes and getting roasted.

 I corrected my GPS setting as I reached Dubrajpur,  a little later I was in Saithia and found myself in the market with narrow lanes and barely a car can get through, was this really the national highway (as claimed by Google) what a road,

 

 


 I was in the marked and fingers crossed for a good 5 km that I manage to drive through the market place without a big vehicle approaching me from the opposite side, lady luck was with me as I managed to navigate my way out of this part and then it was mostly plan sailing to Behrampore where I would be camping for the nigh.

 

The evening I spend on a cruise on a country boat with my sis and Debashis ( BIL) on the river along Hazar dwari monument

 


 


 

Distance covered 325 approx.

Time taken 7 hours

Road conditions mostly good but single lane highway for long stretches.

 

 Some yummy food waited me finally.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment